Sunday 11 January 2009

House of Joseph

But his bow remained steady, his strong arms stayed limber, because of the hand of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel, because of your father's God, who helps you, because of the Almighty, who blesses you with blessings of the heavens above, blessings of the deep that lies below, blessings of the breast and womb.

Your father's blessings are greater than the blessings of the ancient mountains, than the bounty of the age-old hills. Let all these rest on the head of Joseph, on the brow of the prince among his brothers.
Genesis 49:24-27

When I was growing up I loved Jewish boy's names and old English girl's names. My plan was to have a boy and call him Joseph after my grandfather and a little girl to be named Sophia after her great grandmother.

JOSEPH


I was only blessed to have one son and his father would not let me call him Joseph. So then I chose the name Benjamin and his father would not let me name our son Benjamin either. The third alternative that I came up with was JORDAN and his father was OK with that.

My son Jordan was born on the 28th January 1983, another Aquarian water bearer for an Aquarian Age. I brought up my son alone from the age of six months, it is a very long story that I will not bore you with.

Eliakim like Joseph suffered a great deal from the jealousy of others. Fortunately, like Joseph a humble heart is able to forgive with loving kindness.

Moses spoke about Joseph he said: "May the LORD bless his land with the precious dew from heaven above and with the deep waters that lie below; with the best the sun brings forth and the finest the moon can yield; with the choicest gifts of the ancient mountains and the fruitfulness of the everlasting hills; with the best gifts of the earth and its fullness and the favor of him who dwelt in the burning bush. Let all these rest on the head of Joseph, on the brow of the prince among his brothers.

In majesty he is like a firstborn bull; his horns are the horns of a wild ox. With them he will gore the nations, even those at the ends of the earth. "
Deuteronomy 33:13-18

UPDATE 20/03/09

From the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Joseph speaking to God

"Execute judgement for me so that the humble and poor do not perish. Thou hast no need for any nation or people to help Thee. Thy finger is greater and more powerful than anything in the world. For thou optest for truth, and in thy hand there is no violence whatsoever. Also thy mercies are many and thy lovingkindness is great for all those who seek thee."


"Therefore Israel will be abandoned until the time when she who is in labor gives birth and the rest of his brothers return to join the Israelites.' Micah 5:3

No comments: