Tuesday 6 January 2009

I've Been There

One day a homeless shelter arrived in our road where we lived, the prices of houses dropped in value instantly, it brought violence, needles used for drugs scattered in the road and constant fights outside our homes every weekend. The residents were up in arms that our children were now in danger and there was no peace in the street. There was even a time when a man with a knife managed to get into our house, this created a lack of compassion for homeless people.

The day came for us to sell everything we owned to move to Australia to start a new life and do the will of God. While I was in Australia I was ordained as an Essene Minister. It was a very powerful experience with the Lord. I was also trained to live out of a suitcase and told that when the divine say 'Go' I must go with no attachment. The Holy Mother called me for a mission of compassion with depressed children and in 1999 the Lord Jesus appeared before me for the very first time. He said 'You have asked for nothing, you have not asked for anything for your son, you have not asked for anything for yourself, you have not asked for a man, it is because you are humble that you shall have it all". I was overwhelmed with the sheer emotion of the experience of his presence and his words. Then as he was leaving I got up from sitting on the bed and the weight of my tears were so heavy that my glasses fell upon the floor. As I bent down to pick them up, he returned and he said "You will be able to see".

After my son and I returned from Australia in 1999 we were homeless. I knew that the experience was to integrate compassion for homeless people. Yesterday, I had just returned from the garage and had purchased a phone card for the person that we have adopted and on my return the Lord said 'Adopt A Stranger". So he is now bringing us back to the "Adopt A Stranger" campaign and I would like to introduce you to Don Scott. His song 'I've Been There' really struck a cord.

Don Scott, once homeless, sings 'I've Been There"



"CHATTANOOGA'S
HOMELESS CHALLENGE"
a documentary feature


Chattanooga’s homeless and those who provide care finally get a voice in a documentary by Wes Rehberg that describes the dilemmas of homelessness and the situations homeless persons and caregivers face daily. The 56-minute documentary includes interviews with presently and formerly homeless persons as well as care providers; interventions offered, many faith-based; and first-person descriptions of the difficulties of homelessness. Estimates of the number of homeless in Chattanooga, TN, region are placed at 4,000 presently. The film debuted at the city's Community Theater on May 25, 2006 to an audience of 400 persons. A DVD is available for purchase from this website. http://www.wildclearing.com/chattanooga-homeless.html

If every person adopted just one stranger what a world it would be.

The Adopt A Stranger Campaign




http://academysounds.blogspot.com/2008/12/prosperity-of-spirit-adopt-stranger.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This evening we received an email from USA asking if the story was the history of Eliakim.

Yes, it is a very small part of the story.