Monday 3 May 2010

God said 'RYE'

I was resting in the bath and our heavenly Father woke me up by pushing my right shoulder. He then said 'RYE' and I saw a vision of 'Danish Sandwiches' that I used to eat when I lived in London as a teenager. I used to walk home past the Danish Centre, often companies would order from there for business luncheons. He then said 'eat little and often'.  This body is experiencing the change of life and it seems that God is giving guidance on what I should eat to keep the balance harmonic.

Danish sandwiches are otherwise called 'Open Sandwiches' and there are a vast amount of different toppings that can be used from prawns, cream cheese and pates.  I happen to like rye bread and open sandwiches. Rye flour as a lower gluten content and I tend to eat the flat rye bread from Northern Europe that is dark in colour.

Picture courtesy of wikipedia. [1]

Ah well it looks like no banana cake for me and the one I baked last night is delicious.

It seems that there is a also a Jewish rye that is called 'Kimmel bread' and its called that because there are kimmel seeds added to it. Big smiles! Kimmel is Yiddish for 'Caraway Seed'. This website calls them the seeds of peace. [2] Caraway seed is also good added to the cooking of white cabbage, it gives it a nice nutty flavor.

I am also partial to chopped liver and chopped herring. Reminds me of home and living in London. Savories, proteins, greens, banana's, kimmel, thyme and rye is in,  sweets, cakes and sugar are out!

Eat well, eat fresh and stay healthy!






1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danish_cuisine 
2. http://youngandfoodish.posterous.com/kimmel-the-warrior-bagel-a-rarity-of-montreal 






No comments: