Saturday 12 December 2009

Poverty in America

We have a saying in England. "When poverty comes in at the door, love flies out of the window".

While Obama spent the last year feeding the bankers more and more people have become unemployed and homeless. While Obama focusses his energy on being an international celebrity president the people of America are suffering deeply and are feeling abandoned.

One does not expect to see camps of homeless people in Western countries. However, the camps are increasing in the US of A and the poverty is soaring at the same time as many people are sitting on multiple empty properties.

Welcome to Obamaville...



"Colorado's Fastest Growing Community"


"COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KRDO) -- Someone has put a lot of thought into a welcome sign that may surprise you, it's in front of a homeless camp off I-25 in Colorado Springs. Its message, "Welcome to Obamaville, Colorado's fastest growing community." Despite repeated calls no one could answer the question, who put up the sign?

To some homeless the sign's message says enough. Mark Limonez, a homeless man living in "tent city", says the sign doesn't make him feel good about trying to get back on his feet. "Guys are trying to work but there's not enough work out there, so they go pan handling or flag a sign" Limonez says, "I've never seen so many camps since I've been out in the streets - there's no money." There are no logos on the front of the sign and no clues to where it comes from." [1]

It really is time that the US government and its people get their own house in order. We are fortunate in the UK that we do not have camps full of people that are homeless due to the social justice system that is operated here. Americans are critical of the social welfare/capitalist system in the UK. However, most of those that do not wish to be homeless are indeed helped as much as possible.

He who ignores discipline comes to poverty and shame, but whoever heeds correction is honored.Proverbs 13:18. He who oppresses the poor to increase his wealth and he who gives gifts to the rich—both come to poverty.Proverbs 22:16. A stingy man is eager to get rich and is unaware that poverty awaits him.Proverbs 28:22

They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on."Mark 12:44

This time last year we launched the ADOPT A STRANGER CAMPAIGN can Americans promote it to their nation?



If every single person adopted just one person what a world it would be.

"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.' Matthew 25:34-36


May God help America



1. http://www.kjct8.com/Global/story.asp?S=11658051

No comments: