Tuesday 2 August 2011

Salman Rushdie Dream

This morning I had a dream about Salman Rushdie and that was a surprise. My husband Adam, and I worked together with Salman in the 70's, as far as I am aware he was writing his first book at the time. An extremely talented man and a great creative to work with. He always had his work done on time, and what he produced in three days it took everyone else five.



In the dream we bumped into each other in the street. He was holding some books and a newspaper and it looked like he had a work colleague with him.

We had a great laugh, he didn't recognize me, so I told him who I was, then he remembered immediately, we talked about the old days. I reminded him of how innocent I was in those days, I wasn't aware that he was a Muslim/ex-Muslim.  Things like religion simply did not come into my head. I was young, deeply in love with Adam, and working very long hours.

There I was giving him a Christening mug for the new born. I even remember the words that I wrote on the card. 'When a baby is born the joy and happiness is infectious.' We laughed so much about that in the dream this morning.

It was really lovely to see him looking so happy. At the end of the dream, I told him that I would like the opportunity to share a lot more with him, if he had time to spare, that there are important things to discuss. He saw that serious concerned look on my face. He responded 'We will have to make it happen then'.

I hope all is well with him.

Love beyond measure Salman.


"At an appearance at 92nd Street Y, Rushdie expressed his view on copyright when answering a question whether he had considered copyright law a barrier (or impediment) to free speech.
No. But that's because I write for a living, [laughs] and I have no other source of income, and I naïvely believe that stuff that I create belongs to me, and that if you want it you might have to give me some cash. [...] My view is I do this for a living. The thing wouldn't exist if I didn't make it and so it belongs to me and don't steal it. You know. It's my stuff." [1] 
My view of it Salman, is that it is about integrity and honor, the more integrity there is the more honor there is. [1] Hence, why on this blog, we include sources and links. It is done purposefully, to encourage people to live in integrity and honor. To honor the rights of others. Without honor and integrity in the people, there are no human rights. 

Salman has also been very critical in respect of Amnesty International. However, see the link for more information, I agree with him. In fact, we have featured the goings on with Greenpeace on this blog in the past as well. [1]

Just looking at his list of literary works, and I am smiling again. . He wrote a book with a character called 'JESSE', the book was called 'The ground beneath her feet'. [2] Check out the symbology of David's musical instrument on the front cover.  I am smiling because Michelangelo painted a fresco of me called JESSE. However, this one from the root of Jesse as got the moon under her feet. Synchronicity or divine providence Salman? Big smiles.






ELIAKIM

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salman_Rushdie

2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ground_Beneath_Her_Feet

3 comments:

Eliakim said...

Interesting looking at this post again, the JESSE, the HARP as mentioned in Psalm 92.

Was just looking at Publishers Weekly and this came up. Hence why I have returned to this thread.

In what it's claiming is a first, in scale and scope, Random House has closed its most significant multi-language deal for a single title by acquiring the rights to publish the latest Salman Rushdie book in every territory where it has subsidiary. Through the deal, RH will publish the title in English, German and Spanish. RH described the acquisition as its "most far-reaching multi-national" to date, and bought rights to the work in all formats--hardcover, paperback, audio, and e-book. The deal was struck by Random chairman Markus Dohle with agent Andrew Wylie and the book, a memoir, is expected to be completed by the end of next year with a planned a 2012 publication.

Calling the deal "unprecedented in scope," RH intends to publish the memoir simultaneously in all its subsidiaries in print, audio, and e-book. To that end, the publisher will release the book in English in the U.S., the U.K., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and India. The publisher will also release a German edition in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. A Spanish edition will be published in Spain, Argentina, Mexico, Colombia, Chile, Venezuela, and Uruguay.

Random House does not, for example, have a subsidiary in France so the deal does not include an edition in that country, and Wylie retains control of the foreign language rights for those territories.
http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/international/international-deals/article/44911-rh-in-unique-multi-language-deal-for-new-rushdie.html

Eliakim said...

Well my reason for my concern is coming to light to do with this dream. Salman is facing threats of Muslim reprisals again if he makes an appearance at a literature festival in Indian.

As you know in the dream Salman had books in his arm.

3. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/culturenews/9005325/Sir-Salman-Rushdie-facing-threats-of-Muslim-reprisals-over-Jaipur-Literature-Festival-appearance.html

Eliakim said...

Salman is in the news again. Imran Khan has pulled out of a conference in India that Salman is attending.

May the LORD God keep Salman safe.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2114872/Imran-Khan-pulls-Indian-conference-Salman-Rushdie-bill.html